Emportant was born out of frustration at the way HR Software was being used at large enterprises.
The team at Emportant has worked with large enterprises for several years. The founders have worked with customers such as Bank of Baroda, Andhra Bank, Serco (previously Intelenet Global), ITC Ltd, Ford India, Denso, Cox & Kings and several other large enterprises across the industry spectrum.
We realized that long drawn implementation cycles, customization that required digging into software code, and customer specific workarounds were not going to scale beyond a point. We also realized that Enterprise-grade HR software used by very large organisations (10,000+ employees) and best practices can easily be made affordable and accessible to mid sized enterprises (100-5000 employees) over the cloud.
Emportant believes that Employees are Important. This is the genesis of our very name Emportant. Thus was born Emportant – the UnComplex HR Management Software on the cloud. We don’t talk about Employee and Manager Self Service because that’s at the core of the Emportant product design… each and every HR process within Emportant has self service and workflow at its core.
As we said, Emportant was a result of our frustration with Enterprise HR software deployed on premise and the gross inefficiencies that came with it. The three principles that were instrumental in our birth continue to guide us even today…
- Quick wins: The customer shall not spend inordinate time in implementing and rollout.
- Customers would have complete control, always: The customer shall be able to configure any HR policy as per their organisation needs, without any dependence on us, and would be able to change any rule at any time without paying a ransom to consultants and system integrators.
- Maintain transparency: The customer shall not be locked down on our cloud service and would be free to discontinue at any time if we are not able to meet their expectations. Customers would be free to retrieve / export their data from the Emportant cloud at any time.
Emportant believes in working by a value system and we endeavour to abide by it in all of our interactions, be it our valued customers, esteemed vendors, our cherished business partners or our own super charged employees. We believe that in the end, its not just about product features and capabilities, its as much about working with a partner you can trust.
- Sandeep Todi, CEO & Co-founder: Sandeep lived and breathed building world class software products ever since he stepped into careers spanning FACT, Allindia Technologies, a stint in the Steel industry, and Fluous Payroll. Sandeep was part of the early team that built FACT accounting software, pioneered web technologies and built Batchmates.com when at Allindia. He helped companies large and small to implement highly sophisticated and large scale systems around accounting, HR and Payroll. At Emportant, he’s in charge of business growth, technology, product development, PR and corporate affairs. Follow him on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Kanchan Kumar, Co-founder: Kanchan has built a career spanning accounting software with FACT and Payroll systems at Fluous. Having worked with large enterprise customers to deploy highly scaleable Payroll management systems integrated with leading ERP systems, he has deep experience with high performance systems. Kanchan is an active member of the entrepreneurial ecosystem of TiE. At Emportant, he plays the role of product evangelist.
Emportant believes that Employees are Important. This is the genesis of our very name Emportant. We believe in walking the talk and invite you to be part of our team if you feel you have what it takes to build a global product. Positions are open in technology, systems administration and in sales & marketing. Contact us if you’d like to explore building a career in building a world class and globe scale software product company.
Emportant is bootstrapped and funded by the founders, its shareholders and internal accruals.