Emportant has the most powerful payroll engine, capable of managing payroll for organisations across industry, across countries and of varying complexity. While the basic objective of any payroll software is to calculate accurate salary and wages, ensure compliance to various local laws. Emportant does this with ease and goes beyond mere salary/wages computation.
PowerPay - the payroll module of PowerAps - ensures complete automation of the entire payroll process, while ensuring speed, accuracy and completely inclusive to the information needs of employees. All this, with a super-fast payroll engine that can reduce your payroll cycles dramatically using our best practices - guaranteed ! The design of Emportant reflects this thought and ultimate objective. Read on below to know how it achieves this objective:
- Multiple Payroll groups - Several organisations have
different set of people who are paid on different pay dates,
most on monthly wages and sometimes based on hourly/daily rates.
Any payroll group could be delegated to specific handlers e.g., separate payroll
teams for workers, staff and confidential payroll (also known as management payroll).
Pay group or Pay structure as it is popularly known, allows definition of a set of payroll earning, deductions, contributions and provisions along with all the rules for calculation of these. Emportant facilitates multiple such rules so as to help manage such complexities easily. Whether it be different locations, union agreements, or different business groups - you can create a separate pay group for all or any of them. Each pay group can also have its own mapping to different sets of general ledger codes.
- Salary master data and monthly variable inputs You only need to define the salary master data once, and it is automatically carried into each month's calculation. Any formula based variable amounts are also automatically calculated based on any other dependent input or any other earning / deduction. Any earning / deduction calculated outside the Emportant system (e.g., union payment, performance linked incentive, etc) can be provided as a monthly input or bulk upload.
- Formula based calculation - Every earning or deduction pay-head could be either entered manually as and when required, or calculation based. Calculations could be as simple as a percentage / sum / formula based on some other heads. Calculations based on slabs or based on grade/location/business group etc are also provided. Emportant allows definition of formulae to capture all kinds of complexity.
- Chart based calculations- Payroll complexities might require the need to maintain various kinds of earning or deduction charts - which could be grade based, location based, department based, slab based or any combination of these. Emportant allow the end-user to maintain such charts and make changes to them as and when required.
- Final Settlement calculations- Final settlement rules can be defined to automate the entire final settlement calculation, without losing the option of manual overriding. Emportant keeps track of all pending F&F calculations, all settled cases and option to review settled cases for future reference.
- Control - When the payroll volumes are high, control is the key to manage the process. Emportant faciliates all the control that is required to ensure smooth and accurate payroll without checking calculations individually for each employee.
- Flexible benefit plan - HR policies are increasingly gravitating towards flexible pay structures - some times referred as basket benefits - which allow individuals to choose various cash or non-cash benefits subject to the overall limit and eligibility rules. Emportant automates the entire process by allowing employees to opt for benefits online, while maintaining strict adherence to the policies.
- Reimbursement tracking - As part of innovative compensation plan aimed at making compensation package more tax efficient, organisations have introduced several tax free reimbursements. However, tracking the entitlement of various reimbursements tends to get complicated over a period of time. Emportant helps manage this efficiently by making them rule and policy driven. The employees are able to file claims and check status of claims and balances from self service, further reducing the cost of processing claims and queries.
- Statutory Compliance - Emportant calculates all statutory deductions - Income tax, Provident fund, Profession tax, Employee State Insurance (ESI), Labour Welfare Fund, Court orders etc, as well as prepares returns and reports as required by the relevant agencies.
- Self Service - It is said that the payroll professionals spend 20% of their time preparing payroll and 80% in answering queries on phone or email. All one requires to do away with this non-value added activity is a powerful employee self service - like the one provided by Emportant.
- Final settlement - Fully automated calculation of final settlement and pro-rated payment during last month. Option to Hold last month salary and pay at the time of settlement. Automatically recover notice pay and excess days paid, Undo of settlement, etc.
- Payroll Reconciliation - Generate reports on headcount for each month, variance of previous month and current month. Check any set of earnings / deductions instantly for any month(s) using Flexible Payroll Query. Check calculation of any component using cross-tab style report.